1. Passage Reading 2. Verbal Logic 3. Non Verbal Logic 4. Numerical Logic 5. Data Interpretation 6. Reasoning 7. Analytical Ability 8. Quantitative Aptitude
501. Four friends in the sixth grade were sharing a pizza. They decided that the oldest friend would get the extra piece. Randy is two months older than Greg, who is three months younger than Ned. Kent is one month older than Greg. Who should get the extra piece of pizza?
502. The high school math department needs to appoint a new chairperson, which will be based on seniority. Ms. West has less seniority than Mr. Temple, but more than Ms. Brody. Mr. Rhodes has more seniority than Ms. West, but less than Mr. Temple. Mr. Temple doesn't want the job. Who will be the new math department chairperson?
(a) Mr. Rhodes
(b) Mr. Temple
(c) Ms. West
(d) Ms. Brody
503. Danielle has been visiting friends in Ridge-wood for the past two weeks. She is leaving tomorrow morning and her flight is very early. Most of her friends live fairly close to the airport. Madison lives ten miles away. Frances lives five miles away, Samantha, seven miles. Alexis is farther away than Frances, but closer than Samantha. Approximately how far away from the airport is Alexis?
(a) nine miles
(b) seven miles
(c) eight miles
(d) six miles
504. Nurse Kemp has worked more night shifts in a row than Nurse Rogers, who has worked five. Nurse Miller has worked fifteen night shifts in a row, more than Nurses Kemp and Rogers combined. Nurse Calvin has worked eight night shifts in a row, less than Nurse Kemp. How many night shifts in a row has Nurse Kemp worked?
505. Children are in pursuit of a dog whose leash has broken. James is directly behind the dog. Ruby is behind James. Rachel is behind Ruby. Max is ahead of the dog walking down the street in the opposite direction. As the children and dog pass, Max turns around and joins the pursuit. He runs in behind Ruby. James runs faster and is alongside the dog on the left. Ruby runs faster and is alongside the dog on the right. Which child is directly behind the dog?
506. Rita, an accomplished pastry chef who is well known for her artistic and exquisite wedding cakes, opened a bakery one year ago and is surprised that business has been so slow. A consultant she hired to conduct market research has reported that the local population doesn't think of her shop as one they would visit on a daily basis but rather a place they'd visit if they were celebrating a special occasion. Which of the following strategies should Rita employ to increase her daily business?
(a) making coupons available that entitle the coupon holder to receive a 25% discount on wedding, anniversary, or birthday cakes
(b) exhibiting at the next Bridal Expo and having pieces of one of her wedding cakes available for tasting
(c) placing a series of ads in the local newspaper that advertise the wide array of breads
(d) moving the bakery to the other side of town