1. Passage Reading 2. Verbal Logic 3. Non Verbal Logic 4. Numerical Logic 5. Data Interpretation 6. Reasoning 7. Analytical Ability 8. Quantitative Aptitude
1. a. The middle letters are static, so concentrate on the first and third letters. The series involves an alphabetical order with a reversal of the letters. The first letters are in alphabetical order: F, G, H, I, J. The second and fourth segments are reversals of the first and third segments. The missing segment begins with a new letter.
2. a. This series consists of a simple alphabetical order with the first two letters of all segments: B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K. The third letter of each segment is a repetition of the first letter.
3. d. There are three series to look for here. The first letters are alphabetical in reverse: Z, Y, X, W, V. The second letters are in alphabetical order, beginning with A. The number series is as follows: 5, 4, 6, 3, 7.
4. c. A leopard, cougar, and lion all belong to the cat family; an elephant does not.
5. b. The couch, table, and chair are pieces of furniture; the rug is not.
6. a. The yarn, twine, and cord are all used for tying. The tape is not used in the same way.
7. c. A skein is a quantity of yarn; a ream is a quantity of paper.
8. b. To tailor a suit is to alter it; to edit a manuscript is to alter it.
9. d. A conductor leads an orchestra; a skipper leads a crew.
10. c. The first letters are in alphabetical order with a letter skipped in between each segment: C, E, G, I, K. The second and third letters are repeated; they are also in order with a skipped letter: M, O, Q, S, U.
11. a. In this series, the third letter is repeated as the first letter of the next segment. The middle letter, A, remains static. The third letters are in alphabetical order, beginning with R.
12. d. In this series, the letters remain the same: DEF. The subscript numbers follow this series: 1,1,1; 1,1,2; 1,2,2; 2,2,2; 2,2,3.
13. c. There are two alphabetical series here. The first series is with the first letters only: STUVW. The second series involves the remaining letters: CD, EF, GH, IJ, KL.
14. b. The guitar, violin, and cello are stringed instruments; the flute is a wind instrument.
15. c. Tulip, rose, and daisy are all types of flowers. A bud is not.
16. d. Tire, steering wheel, and engine are all parts of a car