1. Passage Reading 2. Verbal Logic 3. Non Verbal Logic 4. Numerical Logic 5. Data Interpretation 6. Reasoning 7. Analytical Ability 8. Quantitative Aptitude
238. d: If the diameter of the old lid is 100, the diameter of the new lid will be 150.
This gives a ratio of 2:3
The areas of the lids will be in the ratio of (2)2:(3)2. or 4:9
This represents an increase in area of 5units for every 4 units 5/4 is equivalent to 125 percent.
239. d: 0.089 to the nearest tenth = 0.1
1.135 to the nearest tenth = 1.1
0.1 - 1.1 = -1
240. b: Work backwards. If one person got off at stop 7, as the bus approached the stop there must have been two people on board. As it approached the previous stop (no. 6) there were four on board. Approaching stop 5, there were 8. Approaching stop 4, there were 16 on board. Approaching stop 3, there were 32. Approaching stop 2, there were 64. As stop 2 was the first stop at which people got off there must have been a total of 64 people who boarded at the first stop. (We are assuming that no people could have been on the bus before the first official stop.)
241. a: If we consider the triangle bounded by the x axis, the line, and the perpendicular to the x axis passing through (5,5), then, since the slope (5/6) is given by the y-side (5 units) of the triangle divided by the x side, the x side is 6. This means the intercept on the x-axis is at (-1, 0). Now consider other triangles bounded by the line, the x-axis and the perpendicular to the points given in the answer choices, and check that they give a slope of 5/6. For example, in (A) the x side of the triangle will be 2.5 + 1 units long, and the y side will be 2. This does not give a slope of 5/6. (You can use the formula y2 - y1 / x2 - x1 to find the slope. For this use the intercept on the x axis for x1 and y1)