1. Passage Reading 2. Verbal Logic 3. Non Verbal Logic 4. Numerical Logic 5. Data Interpretation 6. Reasoning 7. Analytical Ability 8. Quantitative Aptitude
1. b. Valerie signed a legally binding document that requires her to pay a monthly rent for her apartment and she has failed to do this for the last three months. Therefore, she has violated her apartment lease.
2. a. Jake damaged Leslieís camera while it was in his possession and he has agreed to compensate Leslie for the cost of the repair.
3. d. This is the only situation in which someone makes an assumption that is not based on conclusive evidence. Choices a and c reflect situations in which assumptions are made based on evidence. In choice b, Mary is not assuming anything to be true. She is simply wishing that sheíd made a different decision.
4. d. Choices a, b, and c do not describe situations in which a product is guaranteed. Only choice d reflects a situation in which a seller attests to the quality of a product by giving the buyer a promise or assurance about its quality.
5. c. Malcolm is the only person returning to a social system that he has been away from for an extended period of time.
6. b. The realtor is using a clear exaggeration when she states that a house which is eleven blocks away from the ocean is prime waterfront property.
7. a. The vice presidentís car cannot be red, because that is the CEOís car, which is in the first space. Nor can it be purple, because that is the treasurerís car, which is in the last space, or yellow, because that is the secretaryís. The presidentís car must be blue, because it is parked between a red car (in the first space) and a green car, which must be the vice presidentís.
8. c. The CEO drives a red car and parks in the first space. Enid drives a green car; Bertís car is not in the first space; Davidís is not in the first space, but the last. Aliceís car is parked next to Davidís, so Cheryl is the CEO.
9. d. Cheryl cannot be the secretary, since sheís the CEO, nor can Enid, because she drives a green car, and the secretary drives a yellow car. Davidís, the purple car, is in the last space. Alice is the secretary, because her car is parked next to Davidís, which is where the secretaryís car is parked.