1. Passage Reading 2. Verbal Logic 3. Non Verbal Logic 4. Numerical Logic 5. Data Interpretation 6. Reasoning 7. Analytical Ability 8. Quantitative Aptitude
(a) Books are likely in the bin
(b) There is a mixture of newspapers and books in the bin
(c) There are newspapers in the bin
(d) We cannot determine if there are books or newspapers in the bin
415. Healthy emotions include only joy, sorrow, and impatience. In a group of people, everyone has exactly two emotions, both of which are healthy, and the healthy emotions can only occur twice in the whole group. Ronald experiences joy and another emotion. Jacob is sorrowful and impatient. Mildred experiences joy and another emotion. Which of the following must be true?
(a) Both Ronald and Mildred experience impatience
(b) Ronald also experiences either sorrow or impatience
(c) Mildred experiences sorrow
(d) Ronald experiences impatience.
416. Some tall people are said to have long toenails. Everyone with long toenails is spiteful. All spiteful people are very unpleasant. After traveling with George, I have decided that he is the most spiteful man alive. Which of the following must be true?
(a) George is very unpleasant
(b) George is likely to have long tonails
(c) George is very likely to be tall
(d) George has long toenails
417. Some hobos are completely antisocial. If they are not, they must be musicians. Ronald is a member of “Club Euphonious,” which is a society of hobos. Which of the following must hold?
(a) Ronald is not a hobo
(b) Ronald is potentially a musician
(c) Ronald is not a musician
(d) Ronald is a musician
418. Translations rarely are faithful to their original texts. Poets become enraged when their texts are significantly altered. Peter's latest poetry was translated from English into French. Which of the following is true?
(a) Peter might be angry
(b) Peter hates translation
(c) Peter's native tongue is English
(d) Peter is angry
419. All briars are painful bushes. All painfull bushes are always avoided. Bob saw a briar. Which of the following is true?
(a) Bob might have decided to touch the briar
(b) Bob avoided the briar
(c) Bob was in great pain
(d) None of the above
420. Brandon thinks most tablecloths are ugly. The sight of ugly things depresses Brandon. Maria gave brandon a new tablecloth as a gift. Which of the following is true?
(a) Maria is very inconsiderate
(b) Brandon hates tablecloths
(c) Brandon is likely to be depressed
(d) Brandon is quite depressed
421. All refineries are profitable businesses. all profitable businesses pay a lot of taxes. The new plant at Ralton is profitable. Which of the following is true?
(a) The new plant pays a lot of taxes
(b) The new plant is a refiney
(c) The new plant will become a refinery
(d) The new plant might pay a lot of taxes