1. Passage Reading 2. Verbal Logic 3. Non Verbal Logic 4. Numerical Logic 5. Data Interpretation 6. Reasoning 7. Analytical Ability 8. Quantitative Aptitude
Passage Reading and English Comprehension
(a) Public transport can be cheaper and more practical in busy cities
(b) Public transport is more entertaining than private transport
(c) Public transport is often safer than parking in busy cities
(d) Public transport offers less regular services and can be unpractical
993. YoGo is a company that makes low-fat dairy products. It built its reputation making virtually fat-free yogurts, but has since branched out to produce low fat ice-creams, milkshakes and cooking sauces. YoGo's biggest competitor is DairyFree, a company that makes fat-free procucts. In order to compete with DairyFree,YoGo is trying to lower the cost of its products. It hopes to do this by buying its ingredients in bulk, using automated production lines and reducing the amount of packaging.
Since implementing these changes, YoGo has seen an increase in its profit margin but sales figures are yet to change. In comparision, DairyFree has ou-sold its targer for this month, as a result of a marketing scheme. This scheme included the giving away free samples and discount vouchers, a marketing ploy that YoGo will not be able to compete with.
Which of the following has YoGo implemented in an attempt to compete with Dairyfree?
(a) A scheme that gives away free samples and discount vouchers
(b) A scheme that aims to reduce the cost of production
(c) YoGo has lowered the costs and given away free samples
(d) YoGo will go into administration
994. The following passage provides information regarding the most popular type of foods in the United Kingdom. Such information has been compiled by the UK Foods Standards Agency since 1990 as part of an on-going project to encourage consumers to purchase healthier products, such as fruits and vegetables, whole grain foods and foods low in saturated fat.
Currently, the most populaar types of food in the UK are those which are easy to prepare. Items requiring time consuming preparation continue to suffer comparatively lower sales rates. In this way, the Foods Standard Agency has found that 'pack items', those containing ready-measured baking ingredients, are more popular than buying fresh ingredients in bulk. Similarly, ready baked items, such as bread and biscuits, continue to sell well.
Select one of the following answers to complete the following sentence.
Since 1990, the UK Foods Standards Agency has ...
(a) Discouraged the purchase of 'pack items'
(b) Encouraged consumers to purchase items such as fruit
(c) Encouraged consumers to purchase items that are easy to prepare
(d) Encouraged consumers to purchase items with no fat
995. The Tea Palace, a popular shop in London's West End, opened its doors in 1880. Nowadays, over an estimated one million consumers pass through its doors every year. The shop, commonly known as 'the palace', imports products from all over the world. A major attraction for tourists, "the palace" has continued to make tea in the same way since opening.
Large ladles of dried tea leaves are placed in metal cauldrons over the fires of the open kitchen, customers are able to see this process and the tea, in traditional pots, is then brought to the table. Many customers take pictures of this process and like to pose for pictures in front of the shop's world-famous front door.
Which one of the following statements is most likely to be false?
(a) The Tea Palace receives half a million people every six months
(b) The Tea Palace makes it tea at the customer's table
(c) The Tea Palace imports items from all over the globe
(d) The Tea Palace is a major attraction for tourists
996. An important skill when working in an office environment is the ability of get on well with those around you. As many people spend the majority of their waking day at work, the ability to be polite and respectful has never been more important. For this reason, when hiring new staff, employers look at the inter-personal skills of possible employees. How well is this person able to ge on with those around them? Are they respectful of other people or do they push through their own will at the expense of otherrs?
Such skills are also of value in occupations where there is prolonged contact with clients. many businesses making a lasting impression through the way their staffs represent them, and are unlikely to employ those who make a negative impression.
Which of the following statements is not mentioned by the passage?
(a) Respectful individuals are more likely to get promoted
(b) Respectful individuals are likely to appear attractive to an employer
(c) Businesses are less likely to employ those who have a negative attitude
(d) Many people spend the majority of their day at work