1. Passage Reading 2. Verbal Logic 3. Non Verbal Logic 4. Numerical Logic 5. Data Interpretation 6. Reasoning 7. Analytical Ability 8. Quantitative Aptitude
(a) Marilyn has been a hygienist for fifteen years, and her current employer, who is about to retire, says she is the best in the business. The clientele she has worked with consists of some of the wealthiest and most powerful citizens in the county
(b) Lindy recently graduated at the top of her class from one of the best dental hygiene programs in the state. Prior to becoming a dental hygienist, Lindy spent two years working in a day care center
(c) ames has worked as a dental hygienist for three years in a public health clinic. He is very interested in securing a position in a private dental office
(d) Kathy is an experienced and highly recommended dental hygienist who is also finishing up a degree in early childhood education, which she hopes will get her a job as a preschool teacher. She is eager to find a job in a pediatric practice, since she has always wanted to work with children
411. Mrs. Jansen recently moved to Arizona. She wants to fill her new backyard with flowering plants. Although she is an experienced gardener, she isn't very well-versed in what plants will do well in the Arizona climate. Also, there is a big tree in her backyard making for shady conditions and she isn't sure what plants will thrive without much direct sunlight. Her favorite gardening catalog offers several backyard seed packages. Which one should Mrs. Jansen choose?
(a) The Rainbow Collection is ideal for North-east gardens. It includes a variety of colorful perennials that thrive in cool, moist conditions
(b) The Greenhouse Collection will blossom year after year if planted in brightly lit locations and watered regularly
(c) The Treehouse Collection will provide lush green plants with delicate colorful flowers that thrive in shady and partially shady locations
(d) The Oasis Collection includes a variety of perennials that thrive in dry climates and bright sunlight
Such premises must have a loading dock, an office area and, most importantly, a large open space where the factory floor can be located. The Breville company is well known for its use of automated machines as part of its work force, and will continue with this practise in its new location.
412. Which of the statements best completes the following sentence? The Breville company....
(a) Has doubled its work force since 1960
(b) Intends to replace the majority of its work force with automated machines
(c) Produces electronic items, such as TVs and computers
(d) Has doubled its work force since 1980
Statistics suggest that classic subjects, such as English literature and history, have suffered from a reduced number of applicants in recent years. Vocational subjects, such as law, medicine and journalism, those which demonstrate a clear career path, remain popular. The total number of applicants has also been affected, with five percent less A level students vying for a position than last year.
413. Which of the statements below cannot be used to complete the following sentence? Since the rise in tution fees...
(a) Vocational subjects have seen an increase in applicants
(b) Classical subjects have suffered a reduction in applicants
(c) Many graduates are leaving university with manageable debt levels
(d) The total number of people applying for undergraduate study has fallen
414. Which one of the folowing statements is most true?
(a) The Times University Guide relies only on information from student surveys
(b) The Times University Guide is based on average entry requirements
(c) The number of students completing the course is a weakness for institutions
(d) The first place position is usually Oxfor or Cambridge
In 2011, London's most popular tourist destination was Madame Tussauds. Outside of the capital, popular tourist destinations include Alton Towers and the Cadburys Factory. Tourist attractions contribute over two billion pounds to the economy and can be seena as one of the most profitable sectors.
415. Which of the following statements is definitely false?
(a) Visitengland.com provides information on the popularity of tourist destinations
(b) Visitengland.com states London is most popular for domestic holidays
(c) Visitengland.com states over 30 million visitors to London annually
(d) Visitengland.com names london the most popular international travel destination