1. Passage Reading 2. Verbal Logic 3. Non Verbal Logic 4. Numerical Logic 5. Data Interpretation 6. Reasoning 7. Analytical Ability 8. Quantitative Aptitude
The questions from 87-90 ask you to match definitions to particular situations. For each question, you will be given a definition and four possible answer choices. Read each definition and all four choices carefully, and find the answer that provides the best example of the given definition. Answer each question solely on the basis of the definition given.
87. Establishing a Power of Attorney occurs when a legal document is created that gives one individual the authority to act for another. Which situation below is the best example of Establishing a Power of Attorney?
(a) Louise is selling her house and she hires a lawyer to review the contract.
(b) Simone’s mother can no longer get to the bank to cash her checks and make deposits, so she has taken legal steps to enable Simone to do these things for her.
(c) Jack’s father is elderly and Jack thinks he is no longer able to make decisions for himself.
(d) At her daughter’s urging,Mrs. Lenox opens up a retirement account with the local bank.
88. Erratic Behavior occurs when an individual acts in a manner that lacks consistency, regularity, and uniformity. Which situation below is the best example of Erratic Behavior?
(a) Julia cannot contain her anger whenever the subject of local politics is discussed.
(b) Martin has just been told that he is being laid off. Before leaving his supervisor’s office, he punches a hole in the door.
(c) Rhonda has visited the dealership several times, but she still cannot decide which car to buy.
(d) In the past month, Jeffrey, who has been a model employee for three years, has repeatedly called in sick, forgotten important meetings, and been verbally abusive to colleagues.
89. Posthumous Publication occurs when a book is published after the author’s death. Which situation below is the best example of Posthumous Publication?
(a) Richard’s illness took his life before he was able to enjoy the amazing early reviews of his novel.
(b) Melissa’s publisher cancels her book contract after she fails to deliver the manuscript on time.
(c) Clarence never thought he’d live to see the third book in his trilogy published.
(d) Elizabeth is honored with a prestigious literary award for her writing career and her daughter accepts the award on behalf of her deceased mother.
90. The school principal has received complaints from parents about bullying in the school yard during recess. He wants to investigate and end this situation as soon as possible, so he has asked the recess aides to watch closely. Which situation should the recess aides report to the principal?
(a) A girl is sitting glumly on a bench reading a book and not interacting with her peers.
(b) Four girls are surrounding another girl and seem to have possession of her backpack.
(c) Two boys are playing a one-on-one game of basketball and are arguing over the last basket scored.
(d) Three boys are huddled over a handheld video game, whic