(a) Apples may smell, but it does not come from their grains
(b) Apples smell funny
(c) Onions are white on the inside
(d) David cannot stand onions, because of their strong smell
290. Five bears – Jinan, Knot, Lee, Mushu and Nee-Hau – are kept in three adjacent rooms numbered 1-3 from left to right.
There is at least one bear in each room.
Knot is in a room to the left of Lee's.
Mushu and Nee-Hau are not kept in the same room.
Either Mushu or Jinan, but not both, are kept in room 2.
Nee-Hau is kept in room 3.
A sixth bear, Osami, is brought into either room 2 or 3. If there are two bears in each room, which one of the following must be true?
(a) Knot is kept in room 1
(b) Jinan is kept in room 2
(c) Mushu is kept in room 2
(d) Osami is kept in room 3
291. Computer companies are always looking for new employees.
Company A is a huge computer company.
Company B is a huge food company.
Computer companies are sometimes small.
Which statement must be true?
(a) Company B is looking for new employees
(b) Company A and Company B are not small companies
(c) Company B is a small company
(d) Companies A and B are not hiring at the moment
292. Review the facts below.
• Harry is a nurse.
• Ruth is a doctor.
• Nurses are not blond.
• Some doctors are redheads.
Based on the information above, which of the following MUST be true?
(a) Harry is blond.
(b) Harry is not blond
(c) Ruth is not blonde
(d) Some nurses are redheads
293. According to a review of 38 studies of patients suffering from water retention, a large majority of the patients reported that fasting eased their suffering considerably. Yet fasting is not used to treat water retention even though the conventional medications often has serious side effects. Which of the following, if true, best explains the fact that fasting is not used as a treatment for water retention?
(a) For a small percentage of patients with water retention, fasting induces a temporary sense of nausea
(b) Getting patients with water retention to fast regularly is more difficult than getting healthy patients to do so
(c) Fasting regularly over a long period of time can lead to temporary impairment of balance comparable to that induced by consuming several ounces of alcohol
(d) The water retention returns in full force as soon as the fast is broken by even a small meal
294. Home insurance premiums are typically set after an appraiser assigns an official assessed value. Reassessments should be frequent in order to remove distortions that arise when property value changes at differential rates. In actual fact, however, properties are reassessed only when they stand to benefit the insurance company. In other words, a reassessment takes place when the most likely outcome is an increase in insurance premiums to the homeowner.
Which of the following, if true, describes a situation in which a reassessment should occur but is unlikely to do so?explanation
(a) Property values have risen sharply and uniformly
(b) Property values have risen everywhere - some very sharply, some moderately
(c) Property values have on the whole risen sharply; yet some have dropped slightly
(d) Property values have on the whole dropped significantly; yet some have risen slightly
Tell Your Freind