1. Passage Reading 2. Verbal Logic 3. Non Verbal Logic 4. Numerical Logic 5. Data Interpretation 6. Reasoning 7. Analytical Ability 8. Quantitative Aptitude
(a) Lumina is second in line
(b) Kilgore is not fourth in line
(c) John is not fourth in line
(d) John is fifth in line
263. Thomas and Sam work every other day (Monday through Saturday).
Thomas and Sam never work together.
Uma, Victor and Winona work twice a week (Monday through Saturday), but never together.
Thomas and Victor cannot both work on the same day.
Winona never works on Mondays or Fridays.
If Winona and Thomas are working on Wednesday and Thursday, respectively, how many possible options are there for the weekly work schedule?
264. A chef has to pick four fruits out of the following seven to make a fruit salad: figs, guavas, honeydews, kiwis, mangos, nectarines and papayas.
Papaya can be selected only if kiwi is selected.
Fig can be selected only if nectarine is selected.
Either mango or nectarine must be selected, but never both.
Either papaya or honeydew must be selected but never both.
Which of the following pairs of fruits would only allow the chef one combination for the salad?
(a) Mango and kiwi
(b) Nectarine and guava
(c) Kiwi and papaya
(d) Guava and fig
265. Excavations on the now uninhabited isle of Kelton reveal a scene typical of towns decimated by volcanic ash. Archaeologists have hypothesized that the destruction was due to volcanic activity known to have occurred in the vicinity of the island in 160 B. C. Which of the following, if true, most strongly supports the archarologist' hypothesis?
(a) No coins minted after 160 B.C. were found in Kelton, but coins minted before that year were found in abundance
(b) Pieces of gold and pearl jewelery that are often found in graves dating from years preceding and following 160 B.C. were also found in several graves on the island
(c) Most modern histories of the region mention that several major volcano erruptions occurred near the island in 160 B.C
(d) Several small jugs carved in styles poplular in the region in the certury between 200 B.C. and 100 B.C. were found in Kelton
266. Many community colleges suffer declining enrollments during periods of economic recession. At government retraining programs, which are not provided free of charge, enrollment figures boom during these periods when many people have less money and there is more competition for jobs. Each of the following, if true, helps to explain the enrollment increases in government retraining programs above EXCEPT:explanation
(a) During periods of economic slowdown, government retraining programs are more likely than community colleges to prepare their students for the jobs that are still available
(b) During periods of economic prosperity, graduates of government retraining programs often continue their studies in community colleges
(c) Tuition at most government retraining programs is a fraction of that at community colleges
(d) Government retraining programs devote more resources than do other colleges to attracting those students especially affected by economic slowdowns