1. Passage Reading 2. Verbal Logic 3. Non Verbal Logic 4. Numerical Logic 5. Data Interpretation 6. Reasoning 7. Analytical Ability 8. Quantitative Aptitude
98. a. The second and third sentence combine to give support to choice a. The statement stresses that there must be a judge’s approval (i.e., legal authorization) before a search can be conducted. Choices b and d are wrong because it is not enough for the police to have direct evidence or a reasonable belief—a judge must authorize the search for it to be legal. Choices c is not mentioned in the passage.
99. d. The paragraph focuses on the idea that the jury system is different from what it was in colonial times. There is no support given for choices a, b, and c. Choice d is incorrect because, even though jurors in colonial times were expected to investigate and ask questions, this does not necessarily mean that they were more informed than today’s jurors.
100. d. This answer is clearly stated in the last sentence of the paragraph. Choice a can be ruled out because there is no support to show that studying math is dangerous. Words are not mentioned in the passage, which rules out choice b. There is no support for choice c.
101. d. The last sentence states that new Technologies are reported daily, and this implies that new technologies are being constantly developed. There is no support for choice a.With regard To choice b, stone tools were first used two and a half million years ago, but they were not necessarily in use all that time. Choice c is clearly wrong since the paragraph states when stone tools first came into use.
102. a. The support for this choice is in the last sentence, which states that major public health campaigns that increase awareness and propose lifestyle changes are important in our fight against obesity. Choice b can be ruled out because although the paragraph states that obesity can lead to diabetes, it doesn’t tell us that it is the leading cause of this disease. Choices c might sound reasonable and true, but they are not supported in the paragraph. And although we are told that obesity has been connected to asthma, this fact is not quantified in any way, so choice d is also not supported by the information given.