Passage Reading and English Comprehension
(a) speed up of the creation of a solution to a problem
(b) identify a problem
(c) bring together disparate facts
(d) stipulate clear goals
775. The passage suggests which of the following about the “writers on management”
(a) They have criticized managers for not following the classical rational model of decision analysis
(b) They have not based their analyses on a sufficiently large sample of actual managers
(c) They have relied in drawing their conclusions on what managers say rather than on what managers do
(d) They have misunderstood how managers use intuition in making business decisions
776. Which of the following best exemplifies “an ‘Aha!’ experience” as it is presented in the passage?
(a) A manager risks taking an action whose outcome is unpredictable to discover whether the action changes the problem at hand
(b) A manager performs well-learned and familiar behavior patterns in creative and uncharacteristic ways to solve a problem
(c) A manager suddenly connects seemingly unrelated facts and experiences to create a pattern relevant to the problem at hand
(d) A manager rapidly identifies the methodology used to compile data yielded by systematic analysis.
777. According to the passage, the classical model of decision analysis includes all of the following EXCEPT
(a) evaluation of a problem
(b) creation of possible solutions to a problem
(c) establishment of clear goals to be reached by the decision
(d) action undertaken in order to discover more information about a problem
778. It can be inferred from the passage that which of the following would most probably be one major difference in behavior between Manager X, who uses intuition to reach decisions, and Manager Y, who uses only formal decision analysis?
(a) Manager X analyzes first and then acts; Manager Y does not
(b) Manager X checks possible solutions to a problem by systematic analysis; Manager Y does not
(c) Manager X takes action in order to arrive at the solution to a problem; Manager Y does not
(d) Manager Y draws on years of hands-on experience in creating a solution to a problem; Manager X does not
779. It can be inferred from the passage that “thinking/acting cycles” in managerial practice would be likely to result in which of the following?
I. A manager analyzes a network of problems and then acts on the basis of that analysis
II. A manager gathers data by acting and observing the effects of action
III. A manager takes action without being able to articulate reasons for that particular action
(a) I only
(b) II only
(c) I and II only
(d) II and III only (E) I, II, and III
780. The passage provides support for which of the following statements?
(a) Managers who rely on intuition are more successful than those who rely on formal decision analysis
(b) Managers cannot justify their intuitive decisions
(c) Managers’ intuition works contrary to their rational and analytical skills
(d) Intuition enables managers to employ their practical experience more efficiently
781. Which of the following best describes the organization of the first paragraph of the passage?
(a) An assertion is made and a specific supporting example is given
(b) A conventional model is dismissed and an alternative introduced
(c) The results of recent research are introduced and summarized
(d) Two opposing points of view are presented and evaluated.
Download Free EBooks for GMAT, GRE, ACT, SAT, LSAT, MCAT etc.
Tell Your Freind